April 24, 2017 in News
At long last, Stardew Valley is available to play in seven different languages; English, German, Spanish, Russian, Japanese, Simplified Chinese and Brazilian-Portuguese! While localization is the biggest new feature, 1.2 also includes some controller improvements and important bug fixes. Check the patch notes below!
Big thanks to all involved in getting 1.2 ready for release — Playism, Tencent, Sickhead, the community members who provided translation feedback and reports, and to everyone else for waiting so patiently while we worked to improve the quality of translation and stability of the patch!
Note: This update is only available on PC at the moment, but an update for consoles is on the way! Steam users should see this update immediately, but it may take a bit for GOG to update.
- Translations for German, Spanish, Brazilian Portuguese, Russian, Japanese and Simplified Chinese.
- When using a controller, the cursor will snap between menu buttons by default. If you disable that, the cursor will instead accelerate while moving.
- When using a controller, pressing the back button will skip events that are skippable.
- Exit to Title has returned.
- Fixed lighting shader not covering the whole screen on Mac and Linux.
- Switching from “Windowed Borderless” to “Fullscreen” should now go straight to fullscreen instead of Windowed mode.
- Wallpapers and floors no longer have a tile placement indicator showing a random object
- Increased stability of preference-saving code. This should fix infrequent crashes that require the player to delete startup_preferences.
- Fixed a crash that can happen when a pig tries to spawn a truffle but there’s no space for it.
- Fixed a couple of rare crashes that could have occurred at any time during the game.
- Fixed a typo of the word ‘pronounce’ in the marriage event.
- Fixed the player not getting the recipe for Cookies if they skip Evelyn’s event.
- Farming level now affects crop yield prior to level 10