Based in Seattle, WA
22 February, 2016
Stardew Valley is an open-ended country-life RPG! You’ve inherited your grandfather’s old farm plot in Stardew Valley. Armed with hand-me-down tools and a few coins, you set out to begin your new life. Can you learn to live off the land and turn these overgrown fields into a thriving home? It won’t be easy. Ever since Joja Corporation came to town, the old ways of life have all but disappeared. The community center, once the town’s most vibrant hub of activity, now lies in shambles. But the valley seems full of opportunity. With a little dedication, you might just be the one to restore Stardew Valley to greatness!
Stardew Valley was created by game designer Eric Barone, under the alias of ConcernedApe. During the four years he spent solo-developing it, and he taught himself the necessary skills to produce the game's music, art, programming, and design. The game was released on PC on February 26, 2016, and within two months passed 1 million copies sold. Within a few months the game expanded support to Mac and Linux, it released on Xbox One and Playstation 4 in December 2016, and Nintendo Switch in late 2017. There have been two major post release updates - the first which added new farm maps, marriage options, and content, and the other which expanded supported languages to include German, Spanish, Brazilian Portuguese, Russian, Japanese and Simplified Chinese. Since release the game has sold over 3 million copies worldwide.
- Create the farm of your dreams: Build your farm from the ground up on 1 of 5 map layouts suited to your play style!
- Master your ranching skills: Raise animals, grow crops, start an orchard and build useful machines!
- Become a part of the local community: Get to know all 30+ residents of Pelican Town!
- Customize your farmer: There are hundreds of character customization options to choose from!
- Settle down and start a family: Share life on the farm with 1 of 12 characters you can date and marry, and even have children with!
- Explore vast, mysterious caves! Encounter dangerous monsters and valuable treasures!
- Spend a relaxing afternoon at one of the local fishing spots: The waters are teeming with seasonal varieties of delicious fish. Craft bait, bobbers, and crab pots to help you in your journey toward catching every fish and becoming a local legend!
- Cook delicious meals and craft useful items to help you out: With over 100 cooking and crafting recipes, you’ll have a wide variety of items to create. Some dishes you cook will even give you temporary boosts to skills, running speed, or combat prowess. Craft useful objects like scarecrows, oil makers, furnaces, or even the rare and expensive crystalarium.
Stardew Valley Launch Trailer YouTube
Stardew Valley 1.1 Update Trailer YouTube
PC Gamer - The creators of Stardew Valley and Harvest Moon talk to us about farm games YouTube
Logo & Icon
There are currently no logos or icons available for Stardew Valley. Check back later for more or contact us for specific requests!
Awards & Recognition
- "Winner: Game, Simulation" NAVGTR Awards, 2017
- "Nominated: Best Game" 13th British Academy Games Awards (BAFTA Games), 2017
- "Nominated: Most Promising New Intellectual Property" SXSW Gaming Awards, 2017
- "Nominated: Seumas McNally Grand Prize" Independent Games Festival, 2016
- "Nominated: Best Debut" Game Developers Choice Awards, 2016
- "Nominated: Best Surprise, Best Game" Giant Bomb's Game of the Year Awards, 2016
- "Nominated: Best Independent Game" The Game Awards, 2016
- "Far more than just a farming game, this one-man labor of love is filled with seemingly endless content and heart."
- Drew Scanlon, Giant Bomb
- "The core mechanics and relaxing aesthetic merge so well together that players will sink in to the experience and never want to leave."
- Patrick Hancock, Destructoid
- "Stardew Valley has been the most rich and heartwarming experience I’ve had in a game in years."
- Jake Yanik, CGMagazine
Stardew Valley One-Year Anniversary Post
A look back at Stardew Valley's development stardewvalley.net.
Eric Barone, or ConcernedApe, is a solo game developer based in Seattle, WA.
More information on ConcernedApe, our logo & relevant media are available here.