Dev Update #28
I hope you’re all enjoying the start of summer. I just wanted to check in again and let you all know that progress on Stardew is continuing, as always!
There’s been so many little things I’ve done since the last update, I can’t even remember them all. But here’s a few :
- Fences/Gates working 100%
- New building construction process/animations.
- Animals finished.
- Added more “artisan goods” (e.g. mayonnaise)
- New “farm event” & other rare surprises
- A new foraging opportunity.
- Shipping bin with a snazzy lid.
- Lots of cosmetic improvements.
- Added hops, grapes, and amaranth.
- A few new crafting recipes. (You’ll learn to craft something new just about every time you level up in a skill area)
- Polishing & testing everything.
Next up… pacing, progression, guidance. All the things that give a game structure and purpose. There’s a lot of content in Stardew Valley, and I need to make sure players encounter it in an intuitive and compelling way.