Stardew Valley coming to mobile
I hope you’ve all had a great summer and are enjoying this transition to the cooler weather of fall.
Today, I’ve got some exciting news to share with everyone – Stardew Valley is coming to mobile, and it’s actually releasing on the iOS App Store in just over 2 weeks time, on October 24th!
The mobile port is being developed by London-based mobile development studio, The Secret Police, who have been working closely with me for about a year. Chucklefish has been handling the business and marketing side of things. While the game will launch first on the iOS App Store, The Secret Police are currently working on finishing up the Android version, and I hope to give you more news about an exact launch date soon.
- Supports iPhone and iPad gaming, just make sure to check on the App Store page whether the game is compatible with your iOS version
- It’s the full game, not a cut down version, and plays almost identically to all other versions. The main difference is that it has been rebuilt for touch-screen gameplay on iOS (new UI, menu systems and controls)
- £7.99 / $7.99 / 8,99 € with no in-app purchases
- Includes 1.3 single player content, such as the Night Market, but not Multiplayer
- PC players can transfer their save data to the iOS version via iTunes – but make sure to always back up your save data first! Mods are not supported, and any save data transferred containing mods may cause compatibility issues.
Pre-orders are available today
I want to be sure it is clear that the development of the mobile port has had no impact on the development of the console Multiplayer ports, as they are being worked on by two entirely separate teams/companies. Console multiplayer is making great progress and I have every intention to release it as quickly as possible. For a quick update on where it’s at, the Switch Multiplayer update is coming along well, and has now gone into QA (quality assurance testing). Xbox One and PS4 Multiplayer updates will follow (all being done by Sickhead Games). I promise to keep you all updated on any news I get regarding release time frames for all the consoles. I really appreciate everyone’s patience.
That’s all for now!