Stardew Valley Localization Feedback
Hey everyone! Chucklefish here.
In case you missed it, we’ve been working with Playism to translate Stardew Valley into German, Spanish, Brazilian-Portuguese, Russian, Japanese and Simplified Chinese. Many of you have been waiting super patiently for the localization update to be released, and we thank you for that! Everyone involved in this project wanted to take the time to ensure the patch was stable and the localization was excellent.
We’re nearly ready to release the update, but first we’d really love some feedback – is the translation good? Are you running into any new bugs we failed to catch? To that end, we’re running an open beta of the localization update on Steam.
Here’s what’s included in the beta branch:
- Full translations into German, Spanish, Brazilian-Portuguese, Russian, Japanese and Simplified Chinese
- Fixes for animal happiness related bugs
- The “exit to title” button has returned!
- Cursor acceleration when playing on a gamepad (like the console version of the game)
Here’s how to access the beta branch:
From your Steam library, right-click ‘Stardew Valley’ and select ‘Properties’. Choose the ‘beta’ tab. You should see a drop down menu. From there, select ‘beta – Help test new updates before they go live’.
It is important to back up your saves.
Old saves should continue to work in the beta branch, but make a backup (info about locating your save file) before switching to the beta. After saving in the beta branch, you won’t be able to load your save file in the current stable version.
- “Looking for saved games” on the load menu is not translated
- Music on the title screen plays even if disabled after using “Exit to Title”
How to provide feedback:
Notes on Multiplayer